Bauer, Rudolf, Univ.-Prof. Dr.rer.nat. DDr.h.c.
In the working group of Prof. Bauer, phytochemical and pharmacological investigations of the active ingredients of medicinal plants with anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer and immunomodulatory effects are in the foreground, with special consideration also of medicinal plants from Traditional Chinese Medicine. Particular attention is also paid to the role of the gut microbiome in the activity of plant extracts.
In detail, the following research focuses are currently being worked on:
- Medicinal plants and natural products with an inhibitory effect on arachidonic acid metabolism
- Medicinal plants and natural products with cytotoxic effects
- Methods for quality control of herbal drugs and herbal medicinal products (HMPs)
- Use of HR-LCMS metabolomics and chemometric methods for natural product drug discovery and HMP quality assurance
- Interaction of natural products and medicinal plant extracts with the gut microbiome
Lecture Scripts: LV 652.506 Summer school for Chinese Herbal Medicine
Further Information you'll find in the attachment.
For further information in general: